To obtain trademark protection, it is the "graphics" to show possessing the ownership of any product or business brand.
Trademarks are divided info 4 categories:
• products Trademark
• Service marks for service businesses
• Certification marks for qualified products or services.
• Trademarks or service marks which are using for corporate or a group member of the businesses.
Trademarks for products
Service marks for service businesses
Certification marks for qualified products and services.
Trademarks or service marks using for corporate or the group member of businesses.
• Whichever country issues Trademark, the Trademark will be protected in that country.
• Validity coverage is 10 years from the date of filing. If you would like to extend the trademark validity, you must apply for its renewal before the end of the tenth year. Each validity is every 10 year.
• Before filing any trademarks, it is recommended to search against a database of registered trademarks in the country you seek to apply since there are trademarks which have been registered over the million marks.
To seek Trademark registration in Thailand, find your application process;
• By go to 3rd Floor, Intellectual Property Registration Center, Department of Intellectual Property, Ministry of Commerce
• By go to Provincial Commercial Office in all provinces
• By registered mail by making attention to Registrar of Trademarks Department of Intellectual Property And attach the payment of money orders
• By website www.ipthailand.go.th
• By Hot Line 1368
Story by: Usanee Siriraung (independent consultant)